Nothing matches the charm, smell or features of Apollo Sydney’s Cedar Shutters.
- Made from genuine western red cedar, they are lightweight yet strong.
- Western Red Cedar (Thuja Plicata) is classed as a softwood and comes from the Cypress family.
- Western Red Cedar comes from Canada, has a medium density timber that is very lightweight, and also offers the best thermal properties (insulation) of all timber types.
- Has high thermal qualities.
- There will be some natural colour, wood grain and texture variation throughout. Western Red Cedar is treated with a UV-stabilised single-pack lacquer.
- Width 250mm to 950mm (1080mm for fixed and sliding when coupled with 60mm stiles)
- Height 260mm to 3000mm (heights above 1800mm require a midrail, 2 midrails required above 2500mm
- Max panel width for Double hung panels 600mm
- Painted, lacquered and oiled options
- Suitable for outdoor use in oiled r with special external paint
- flat or aerosol blades
- Custom colours
- 2 way closure
- Circular, arched or angled styles
- Cedar shutters are available in blends of Light to Medium and Medium to Dark.
- They can be ordered with an oiled or painted finish as standard.
- Available with internal tilt rod
Cedar is not recommended for use in high traffic areas, or places that are prone to be bumped or knocked regularly.
There is little that can be done to repair this type of damage.
Lacquer finish is for interior use only.
Oiled Cedar should be used for exterior or a special external paint finish can be applied upon request.
Available Cedar Shutters colours
* Actual colours may vary from the colour on your screen.
* Available colours may vary from our supplier
Other Plantation Shutters available: Basswood Shutters