Basswood (Tilia Americana) is classed as a hardwood and comes from the Linden family of trees. Basswood is naturally a medium density timber and as such is ideal for Blinds and Shutters, being neither too heavy nor too light, but still offers a reasonable amount of hardness, thus giving a good resistance to knocks and bumps.
It has been selected especially for use in Blinds and Shutters due to its many qualities, including its resistance to bowing and warping when kiln dried. The timber is kiln dried to about 10% moisture, thus reducing the incidence of movement.
- Width 250mm to 950mm (1080mm for fixed and sliding when coupled with 60mm stiles)
- Height 260mm to 3000mm (heights above 1800mm require a midrail,
- 2 midrails required above 2500mm
- Max panel width for Double hung panels 600mm
- Painted, lacquered and oiled options
- Suitable for outdoor use in oiled or with special external paint
- flat or aerofoil blades
- Custom colours
- 2 way closure
- Circular, arched or angled styles
Other Plantation Shutters available: Cedar Shutters