The Top 6 Window Treatment Trends for 2020 June 19, 2020 We are half way through the year now so let's make 2020 the year you shed some new light on your home! A new decade means it’s the perfect time to hang a new set of curtains or give your windows a facelift. But with so many options, it can be hard to decide which looks are right for your home. That’s why Apollo Blinds has rounded up the latest window treatment trends to provide some breathtaking inspiration. Whether your style is traditional, modern or contemporary, these window treatment trends for 2020 are sure to excite you..
1. Home Renovation Makes Old New Again Are home improvement shows like House Rules or The Block on your guilty binge-list? These popular shows are inciting an old home restoration trend that’s sure to continue through 2020. While some renovations take the modernisation route, others stay true to an older home’s foundational style. Incorporating traditional window treatments like pinch pleat, box pleat or pencil pleat curtains may be the best decor options for older homes. To put up your curtains with ease, try Apollo curtain rods and brackets - supporting both lightweight curtains and heavy drapes. They’re the perfect choice for your next home improvement project.
2. Open Floor Plans Let the Light In The shift to open floor plans indicates the desire for more flexible space, light and views of the great outdoors. To embrace the openness and invite even more light in, add lightweight window treatments. Breezy, open curtains with no blinds or sheers are the best way to accentuate a picture-perfect view. Don’t forget to add a stylish curtain rod to complement your decor.
3. Palettes are Going Coastal Pantone’s 2020 Colour of the Year, Classic Blue, is sure to usher in a few years of coastal-inspired colors, like fresh greens, blues, and crisp whites. If you have neutral decor in your home, use blue as an accent in window treatments, pillows and accessories to pull a room together while creating a peaceful, tranquil vibe.
4. Shutters Gain in Popularity Shutters are the fastest-growing category in blind products. While offering classic style and privacy, shutters alone can look stark and cold. To soften the look of your shutters, add curtains or drapes. Make sure that your curtain rods are long enough to clear the shutters for easy opening and closing.
5. Motorised Curtains and Blinds Go High-Tech One of the most exciting additions to your device-activated home is motorised curtains and blinds. You can activate these advanced window treatments via remote control, smartphone or even Alexa and Google devices. Cost, of course, is the biggest downside of this technology. Depending on the size of your window and the type of treatment you want, expect to pay $300 to $1000 for each window, plus special hardware and installation.
6. Cordless Lift Styles Increase Blind Safety Even if motorised window treatments aren’t in your budget, you can simplify the look and function of your blinds with cordless lifts. Cordless window treatments are easy to use and are also the safest choice if you’re decorating a nursery or concerned about child safety. Plus, they give your windows a clean, modern look. Now you have explored the top 6 window treatments for 2020, we hope it helps you on your buying journey! Here at Apollo Blinds, we pride ourselves on offering quality products.For more information, check out our ongoing Specials across our Specials range now, call Apollo on 132 899 today