Book your FREE measure & quote ONLINE TODAY
“Birthday Sale” 25% off on Blinds, Awnings and Shutters plus free standard installation!
For a limited time free child safe kits: Blind cord safety kit – Order form (NSW residents only)
IS YOUR HOME SAFE?
New Child Safety Requirements
(as from January 1st 2015)
(1) A person installing a corded internal window covering must:
(a) attach a label to the corded window covering containing the name and contact details of the person or company responsible for the installation; and
(b) ensure that any warning label or swing tag supplied with the corded internal window covering remains attached to the cord.
BMAA is ensuring the safety of your children!
The dangers of blind and curtain cords have been clearly highlighted
with the recent tragic child deaths, and unfortunately illustrates
there are still many unsafe blinds in our homes.
You can protect your children by making sure your existing blinds
have the proper safety devices.
“A member of the BMAA will be able to show you the safety features
on new blinds and can help you make your existing blinds safer!”
7 easy steps for blind and cord safety
- 1. Make sure your children cannot reach any blind or curtain cords.
- 2. Make sure the bottom of any blind or curtain cord is at least 160cm above the floor.
- 3. Move children’s cots, beds, high chairs or play pens away from the windows with blinds or curtain cords.
- 4. Make sure your child cannot climb on furniture and reach blind or curtain cords.
- 5. Wrap blind cords securely around a hook attached high on a wall.
- 6. Install a cord tensioning device for all blinds and looped cords.
- 7. When installing new blinds, seek advice from the supplier about products that use “wands” or motorisation instead of cords to operate the blinds.