Affordable plantation shutters maybe the name people look for when searching online, however none of us at Apollo have ever met a single client in over 30 years who actually wants cheap plantation shutters of any type. What clients usually want is not to be taken in by companies selling low quality products. At Apollo Blinds, we are a leading provider of plantation shutters in Australia. Plantation shutters are very distinct and sophisticated window coverings and is a popular choice amongst home owners. One of the best attributes of plantation window shutters is the natural light it allows to flow into a room whilst also offering privacy. There are many different kinds of plantation shutters to choose from with a variety of styles and colours to consider. We offer custom plantation shutters to fit your specific requirements which can be designed and constructed to fit any window size. Our Plantation Shutters are built with the highest quality standards and sold at a reasonable price. You will be amazed as the prices are very affordable in which we can find the right solution to cater to your budget.
Plantation Shutters Options
Enhance the look of your spaces with a variety of plantation shutter styles.
- Louvre Shutters: are often referred to as ‘Plantation Shutters’. These are overlapping uniform slats of wood set into a frame well suited for residential projects.
- Smartwood™ Shutters: made from non-toxic polymer foam, so that they won’t crack, warp, or split. Enjoy beautiful shutters for many years while offering the same look as wood
- Tilia Shutters: a medium density timber plantation shutter that’s durable and resistant to bowing and warping
- Cedar Shutters: available in light, medium, and dark and can be painted or stained; known for their light weight and good insulating properties
- Aluminum shutters: available for interior or exterior use and feature a chip resistant powder coating
Choosing the right plantation shutters for your home or office can seem overwhelming. The friendly, knowledgeable team at Apollo Blinds is here to help. We’ll be glad to go over all the options and their pros and cons and how you can customise them to best enhance your spaces.
To learn more about the plantation shutters we offer and install plantation shutters, visit one of our Australia locations and showrooms today.
Why Apollo Plantation Shutters?
Since early 2000, Apollo has been using its vast design and manufacturing experience to create its famous Louvre Shutters. Today, they are fabricated by our global partners to the highest Australian standards. They are available in various styles making us a one stop shop for all your Shutter needs.
- Controls light and airflow at a touch
- Helps insulate your home and they are allergy free
- Come in a variety of slat widths with aerofoil blades
- Bi-fold, sliding, hinged and fixed options
- Special colours and shapes available
- Bi-directional closure as standard Our entire range of imported Shutters feature a rebated top & bottom rail allowing to fully close in either direction which also makes for easier cleaning
- Mortise and Tenon joints This gives stronger joints and reduces the risk of separation
- Paint quality All Apollo’s Timber Shutters receive a triple paint process for durability
- Our Icon range have rebated stiles This means blade ends do not need to be cut out to accommodate the Clearview tilt rod giving a neater looking panel and reducing light gaps
- Large range of frames and mounting options available- L frames to suit all blade options- Bullnose, standard and decorative Z frames- Hanging strip- Pivot options- Corner and bay posts for corner and bay windows
Not all Plantations are the same
- While these timbers are readily available on the market, not all shutters are the same.
- Many companies manufacture the shutters using dowel and glue joints.
- Apollo’s range of timber shutters are constructed using Mortice and Tenon joints. This means the joints are much stronger. This reduces the risk of joints separating under pressure of continual use.