Awnings in a variety of forms have been around as long as mankind has tried to provide shelter from the sun and the other weather elements. These date back in time when outside stall sellers had to protect their produce from the weather using woven shade cloth or similar materials.
Awnings for homes and shop fronts only came to prominence in first half of the 19th century. They were extremely simple in design and features by using simple hardware which mainly consisted of either timber or cast iron posts and linked together by a front cross bar to the building wall. The covering on top was made from canvas material.
Today the come in steel, canvas and aluminium material and in almost endless colors and styles. It would fair to say that the awning of today has become a fashion statement for the front of homes offices and shop fronts all around the world.
Apollo’s range of durable Modern Awnings can handle the elements and our extensive range of designer colours and patterns add a whole new dimension to your outdoor aesthetics. You can choose online from canvas, acrylics, polyester, screen fabrics, PVC and Colourbond steel at affordable prices.
If you are looking for the perfect pre built or custom-built awnings, then Apollo has the right one for you. Please ask us to see if we can assist you at any of our great locations across the Eastern Seaboard Cities such as;
SYDNEY – MELBOURNE – CANBERRA – BRISBANE or our Regional Areas. Please check them all here https://apolloblinds.com.au/locations or call our friendly team on 132 899 and get your FREE Blinds, awnings or shutters quote today.
Extensive Range of Custom Modern Awnings
With five different styles, Apollo has an Awning to suit almost every application.
- Affordable solution: when nothing else will do.
- Complete with a Sail track on the top and a 5 sided front rail with white powder coated arms for support.
- Suitable for Windows, Shop fronts, Doorways
- Trim available: Plain or Scallop
- Ideal as a decorative awnings.
- Great on southern and northern application for:
- Sun protection.
- Can be used for rain protection over windows and doorways.
- The large surface area makes them suitable for sign writing.
- Fixed awning, with an aluminium rib sub-structure, covered in fabric.
- Used over windows, doors and Shopfronts.
- Available Shapes: Dutch Canopy, Eliptical Canopy and Cupola Canopy.
- Colourbond Steel offers many years of durability.
- Practical & cost effective:
- Protect your doors & windows from sun and rain.
- Cantilevered from the wall with either arm supports or post and provides optimum solar control (northern and southern application) and weather protection.
- Colours can be mixed in any combination
- Optional closed sides available
- Great sun protection over large areas
(width up to 16m and projection 3.7m).
- When not required, the arms retract the fabric back onto the roller and out of the way.
- Available as standard, Semi Cassette or Full Cassette which conceals the mechanism inside headbox when retracted.
- Standard operation is by crank (gear operation) or awning.
- Can be motorised and linked with optional sun and wind sensors, to:
– Extend the awning when sunny.
– Retract awning when wind speed is excessive
- Convertible Style Awning with double arm system
- First set of arms is stopped by a chain attached to the wall allowing height necessary for casement window to open outward.
- Second set of arms then extend the Awning down past the window.
- Most popular type of Awning: versatility.
- Suitable for ground floor and upper level applications.
- Can be operated externally with rope, tape or winch (internally with tape or winch).
- Optional hoods, to protect the fabric on the roller when retracted.
- 5 sided bottom rail, with spring loaded arms for better Awning stability.
- Very versatile Awning: Can be operated either internally or externally
- Suitable for lower and upper levels.
- Can be operated either by rope, tape cord lock, crank and motorised options
- The Flexi Fit System allows the fabric to protrude past the end fixing points, making it suitable for fibro and cladded homes where fixing points are limited.
- The Flexi Fit pivot arm system is also available in slide rail and double arm option.
- Based on the Convertible Awning
- Guide rails connected flush to the wall
- Pivot arms can be slid up and down the rails once the Awning is out, to allow more clearance under the awning
- Ideal for doorways and balconies.
- Heavy duty awning suitable for high wind areas and wide window applications
- It spans widths up to 5500mm and area coverage of 16.8 square metres
- Available in motorized option
- Can be coupled with sun and wind sensor for optimum control
- Sring loaded top roller and guide rails fitted flush to the wall with standout arms
- Adjusted by guiding the arms up and down the rails
- It will automatically lock in when the arms are released in a 90 degree position.
- Operated by hand from outside
- Resists high winds and ideal for ground floor applications, narrow walkways and situations that require the Awning to be as close to the window as possible
- Arm sizes from 150mm standouts through to 600mm (increments of 150mm)
- Similar to standard automatic lock arms but with aluminium components
- 3 sided headbox which allows mounting brackets to be positioned anywhere along the width (instead of at the end of the Awning) the arms can also be positioned on the bottom rail where required.
- This allows the Awnings to be installed on cladded and fibro walls without the use of unsightly bracing.
- Pull down by hand or use the pull down pole
- Spring that keep the blind in tension when pull down
- Pulled down to a hand rail, where the bottom rail can be attached to snap hooks
- Keep areas warm in winter & cool in summer.
- Enjoy your outdoor lifestyle no matter what the season!
- Pull down and push up! It’s that EASY.
- Sun, wind, rain and UV protection
- Hi-tech solar fabric: sun and UV protection
- Quality fabrics & materials: strength & wind resistance
- Spring or motorised operation
- Customised pelmets give added protection & premium look
- No Zips, No Ropes, No Straps, No Buckles
- Timber batten at the top
- Operated by rope and pulley around the bottom roller
- Rolls from the bottom as it is raised
- Better fabric coverage: covers the total width of the Awning, smaller gaps on the sides
- Multiple Awnings can be linked with zippers making this system ideal of outdoor dining areas
- Can also be made with a sloping top, allowing total coverage on sloping verandahs.
- Spring operated top roller and side channels which guide the Awning in the drop
- Glides freely up and down and may be locked in various positions
- Channels are available in white, black, primrose and mill (can be powder coated)
- This Awning is ideal for verandahs and decks.
- Recommended for sizes outside the maximum specifications for Convertible Straight Drop
- This Awning uses a 63mm top and can span widths up to 5500mm.
- Option of motorising
- Used with J hooks hung from shop awning
- Raised and lowered manually with rope
- The J hooks hold the Awning in place when it is in down position
- Ideal for providing shade to shop front windows, usually covering the total width of the shop front
- Company logos or product details can be sign written to Awnings making the shop more noticeable from the street
- Uses a top roller
- Operated via a rope and spool that raises and lowers awning
- Basic system will cover maximum widths of 3900mm with maximum drop of 2700mm.
- Stainless Steel tension wire guides allows close fitting Awnings to move up and down on the wire guide
- Ideal for widows that require close fitting application and verandahs
- Can either be gear operated(ground floor) or motorised for high fitting situations or for your comfort.