How to Clean Security Screen Doors?May 17, 2022
When it comes to giving both beauty and security to a property, security screen doors and windows emerge as the most effective solution. However, to keep them working in an excellent condition, they need to be thoroughly cleaned at regular intervals. This would also minimize the chances of their malfunctioning.
Though cleaning security screens is something that people do on a regular basis, it is worth doing this especially if you want your doors and windows to look awesome for long years. However, please note that this doesn’t mean that you need to do it very frequently, but doing it 4 or 5 times a year is sufficient. You can do it more often if your area is more prone to heavy dust smog, or pollutants.
According to Apollo Blinds, a leading company dealing in security screen doors, you need to clean the doors and windows every other week, if you live in coastal regions where salty air can damage the screen if not eliminated quickly. Though cleaning would not only keep your doors working at their best, it would also help you maintain a stupendous look of your property for several years without any major issues.
Now, when it comes to cleaning security screen windows and doors, the cleaning process is not much different from cleaning a regular door or window. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. In general, mesh and flyscreens and quite fragile and reasonable to replace if broken. On the other side, security screen doors and windows are made of superior quality stuff like aluminium or stainless steel or aluminium. As they are installed using special techniques, it is necessary to clean them properly to avoid any necessary issues.
Also read : Finding The Right Security Screen For Your Home
The approach you take to clean your security screens largely depends on the exact style and size style of the screen, the material that is used to manufacture it, and the strength of the cleaning plan. If you have a team of professionals cleaning a commercial property, do notify them they will have to regulate security screens.
Step-wise Security Screens Cleaning Process
- To clean a window or door security screen, the best approach is to eliminate the screen by unlocking it and then putting it on a tarpaulin, to begin with:
- If the screen is engulfed in dirt and dust, it is suggested to use a handheld vacuum or a soft brush to get it removed as much as you can before washing. To avoid causing damage to the screen due to high suction, keep it at low pressure and only use the lowest vacuum setting. Though security screens are usually sturdier than typical screens, the metal is prone to bend, bargaining the truthfulness of its performance.
- Scrub the screen gently with a microfiber cloth, gentle sponge, or soft bristle brush dipped in warm water and mild detergent. To avoid damage, keep water out of the lock and frequently dip your cleaning tool in it.
- Once the scrubbing is done, hose it down or wash it with clean water before the drying of the suds. Remove any excess water using a towel before enabling the screen to dry standing up in the sun.
- Reinstall the screen after it has dried. To keep the locks working properly, use graphite powder on them if they appear stiff.
- If the screen is non-removable, take a vacuum hose attachment with a brush or an air compressor to blow away dirt, dust, and build-up.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals to wash the screens as it is likely to damage the metal. Though you can deal with the scratches, any damage to the coating would turn expensive.
It is very important to clean your security screen doors and windows to keep them in excellent condition. Just choose the right cleaning products and processes to avoid causing damage to them. Otherwise, hire a professional to do the job.
For better information, or to know more about how to clean security screen doors, consult the certified professional.